[dba-Tech] Another database from hell

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:15:34 CST 2012

Mark,

I agree with Martin, and I might also use JC's technique of opening an
initial recordset at startup and keeping it open for the life of the app,
closing it only when the app shuts down.

I wouldn't copy the FE to all machines, to begin with. I'd pick just two,
perhaps one running 2003 and one running 2007.

Arthur

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Martin Reid <mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk> wrote:

> Mark
>
> My first approach would be install front ends on client machines and link
> to server backend. See hit that goes first.
>
> Martin
> --

Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Werner Heisenberg