[dba-Tech] SSHD boot disk

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 13 13:19:07 CST 2012

Most of the current desktop and all of the laptop machines have SS RAM, on
the MB given them "instant" booting but I think it is built in to hardware
design and may be difficult to replicate.

A new MB might be the cheapest way to go. I have heard of good boards going
for less than $100.00 (used...I have been looking at one for about $65) and
less than $200 new. (This depends on whether you have to buy a new CPU and
RAM of course.)