[dba-Tech] VPN on a virtual Windows 2008 server...and Remote Desktop

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 12:01:00 CST 2012

Gustav,

And I didn't explain adquately.  Sorry. GoDaddy offers "virtual dedicated
servers" at a very favorable monthly rate.

What we're running into is reluctance on the part of IT folks to allow
Remote Desktop connections to that virtual server. They don't like opening
ports.

Regarding Microsoft Azure, I've heard of it but have no idea what it
is...but it sounds like that's what GoDaddy uses to put limits on their
virtual dedicated servers. That could be an unfortunate game changer.

I'll see about contacting the Hamachi folks.

Thank you,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI