[dba-Tech] [dba-OT] Wireless Router Opinions

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Jul 10 10:18:33 CDT 2012

So I downloaded a wireless viewer and I see that I'm on channel 6 along with
one other network.  There is one on channel 9 and 4 on channel one.

My RSSI is -18 - the other channel 6 RSSI is -82 - pretty weak - as is the
channel 9 guy.  The four channel 1 networks' RSSI ranges from -70 to -90.

However, watching my RSSI I see that it drops to -70 from time to time.
Another metric here is the Last signal as a percent - and mine is 95-100%
but drops to 60% occasionally for a couple seconds and then returns to
95-100%.

Could that be an indication that the wireless circuitry in the router is
getting shaky or is that coming from outside?

Any clues here?

TIA

Rocky