[dba-Tech] Linux equivalent of Office 2013?

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 03:00:56 CDT 2012

Hello Gustav,

Yes, I understand your comments, I first experienced Anti-Microsoft
sentiment on this list back in 97 and was shocked when I became aware of it.

Over the years, I was always disappointed to see Anti-Microsoft people, I
always thought they delivered reasonably good products, and sometimes super
products.

However, my faith in Microosft started to change from 100% to 85% when I
tried to use Vista, VS 2008, SQL Server and struggled with performance.
The IE situation also colours my view on MS.

That faith was somewhat restored with Win 7.  I am still very slow with the
ribbon, and resent that slowness.

On the up site for MS, I have been using Azure over the last few weeks and
it is astonishing, I cannot believe the power it provides.  Metro it is the
GUI for Windows 2012 Server BTW.

Thanks

Mark