[dba-Tech] Windows 8

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 1 22:07:55 CDT 2012

I have been wandering around on the web trying to find out the details of
the product but that has been a very elusive search.

A friend and .Net programmer, who I have known for years, is very hyped on
MS's new offering but other than to say drag from the lower left corner, he
provided no further details. It turns out that you do drag but from the
bottom of the screen...very helpful for a person, like myself, who is
unwilling and unable to spend copious amounts of time just to get the very
basics. To my way of thinking it should be all intuitive. If I am having
difficulty, I just can not imagine how confused all my clients are and will
be.

I can imagine the nightmare of going to a client's site, to fix some strange
error with being able to easily get to the entire system's controls.