[dba-Tech] MS launch of Surface range

DJK (John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Wed Jun 20 12:43:48 CDT 2012

Don't confuse the OS with the GUI - they really are not the same thing!  And there's no reason a good OS base shouldn't
be able to wear different faces successfully.  Not the same as presenting the same GUI on different bases - NT versus ME
anyone?!

Generally, the public doesn't "pick their OS" (they wouldn't know how to) - they pick GUI and applications, *and*
familiarity.

John