[dba-Tech] Interesting Excel graph puzzle

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:42:31 CDT 2012

I just think the data's arranged improperly for the task, but I can see
someone doing this and running into this problem, as this guy has.

In column A he has date/time values that include both date and time. In
column B, he has corresponding values.
He wants to graph the date/time values by am and pm -- in other words, he
wants the column B data separated by two labels -- am and pm.

Don't try to puzzle through it -- I just thought if someone had actually had
this problem, they might respond. I suggested that he sort column A into
am/pm blocks (he'll need a helper column for that), set up his graph
defaults, and then copy/paste the am values and then copy/paste the pm
values -- that was off the top of my head and I don't know if it'll actually
work or not -- haven't tried it yet. I don't spend much time on reader
questions -- I either know how to help them or I don't. This time, I just
don't! ;)

Susan H.