[dba-Tech] Notebook Asus K95VM Ci7-3610M or ... ?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Nov 15 07:18:11 CST 2012

Hi Jim --

I have finally decided to purchase Asus N76VZ notebook (90NAJC552W2384VD13AY). - ~USD1500 here.

It's almost identical to

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Z9EB0O

which have mostly good reviews.

The difference is that 90NAJC552W2384VD13AY model has

- two 1TB 5400 rpm HDDs and the one from Amazon referenced above has only one 1TB 7200 rpm HDD.
If that notebook would have had:

- 1SSD (128+GB);
- 1HDD - 1TB 7200rpm;
- 16GB RAM and
- Win8 Prof.

That would have been almost "ideal notebook" for my current work context I suppose.

I'm still to check if Asus N76VZ is able to handle 16GB or not, some sources tell it can, the others - it cannot.
I have ordered today the actual 16GB memory check in the shop where I plan to purchase the N76VZ noteboook - the test is planned for this Saturday when two 8GB memory modules will arrive...

Thank you.

-- Shami

Втр 13 Ноя 2012 11:33:56 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:

That's good that you have narrowed it down to the specific model you need.

Jim<<<  skipped >>>