[dba-Tech] Bad news for Hamachi users

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 18 19:45:21 CST 2012

Hi All:

If you use Hamachi to stay connected to clients and the head office things
are about to change. Here is the note posted to all Hamachi users.

" Hamachi is introducing some modifications on November 19th to make sure
service is the best it can be. Here's what's new:

To give you better access to a growing portion of the Internet, Hamachi is
moving to a new IP range. Connections between computers might drop for a few
seconds during the switch, but most of you won't even notice.
Currently Hamachi can stay open in the background so you're always connected
to unattended computers. We're moving this feature to only paid
subscriptions to help fund future improvements. Please note that for casual,
personal use, Hamachi will still be free. But if you run Hamachi as a
service, you can choose from our subscription packages, starting at
just $29/year.

Enhance your Hamachi experience with more features and more computers.
Upgrade to a standard network subscription package before November 19th and
save $10.

The Hamachi Team "