[dba-Tech] Addressing Chinese

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 09:54:23 CDT 2012

Rocky,

Her surname is Yen, not Koo. There are four official languages: Mandarin,
Enlish, Tamil and Malay.

If you're feeling adventurous, you might want to try this (in what is
called pin-yin):

dui bo chi, chin wen, ni hui shwa ying-wen ma?

prononced

doy bo chi, chin wen, ni hoy shwa ing-win ma? (rising tone on ma, like a
question)

"Excuse me, may I ask, Do you speak English?"

Arthur