[dba-Tech] Auto reply message from Outlook

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Mon Oct 8 07:30:26 CDT 2012

Hi all

I'm trying to set up a mailbox that's only going to be used for sending mail from, so I've been asked to create an auto-reply from it. The only snag is that I need it to be sent while Outlook is shut (so I can't use a rule (they only work when Outlook is open), and I don't want to use the Out of Office tool, because I don't want the words "Out of Office" appearing in the email.

There's got to be a way to do this - in previous versions of Outlook, you could make it a server-side rule, but I'm struggling to find this option in 2010... And before you ask, no, I don't have access to the Exchange server either.

Any ideas?

Jon

This communication and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged information the use of which by other persons or entities than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from your system.