[dba-Tech] 10 things you can do to improve network and PC security

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 8 10:40:53 CDT 2012

Which was right next to the article on IE's latest security hole(s):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/security/advisory/2757760
...and:
http://mashable.com/2012/09/17/internet-explorer-security-hole/

Saying that a browser is "theoritically" more secure and it being so in
actual practice are two entirely different things. It may be the most secure
browser at some time in the future but it is not now.

For me, I personally do not care which browser people use, but for speed
Chrome is the fastest and for features FF has the most and as soon as IE
settles on using industry standards, it may again be a product worthy of
recommendation. As of right now, only 16 percent of all browser developers
design in IE and that is the real long-term product killer.