[dba-Tech] UI Designer Tools

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Oct 14 01:19:48 CDT 2012

Hi Arthur --

I have seen devs using

Balsamiq: http://www.balsamiq.com/products/mockups
I haven't seen anybody using but this tool seems good on first glance:

MockFlow: http://www.mockflow.com/
All in all to get the subject tool of your choice promise to be a tough task (see P.S. below ) - maybe better stick with MS Access or MS Excel? - less headaches :)

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. Some "googling search results" using "online UI design tool"  (without quotes ) as a search string:

3 Awesome User Interface Design Tools
http://www.rgourley.com/interactive/3-awesome-user-interface-design-tools/
40+ UI Design Tools and Resources
http://www.noupe.com/design/40-ui-design-tools-and-resources.html
60 User Interface Design Tools A Web Designer Must Have
http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2012/03/user-interface-design-tools.html

21 Free UI Design Tools, Toolkits and Resources (Part 1)
http://www.smashingapps.com/2011/03/08/21-free-ui-design-tools-toolkits-and-resources-part-1.html

Fri, 12 Oct 2012 20:20:30 -0400 от Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com>:

>In a fit of creativity (must be planet-alignment or something), I've

suddenly got three ideas for apps. I'm looking for a tool that will allow

me to sketch these ideas; the current tool is a pen and a notepad. What I

do not want is any commitment to any platform. I know Access pretty well,

for example, but I don't want to embed the design ideas there, I want them

separate from any given platform and/or OS. All I want to think about is

the UI, and the progression from this screen to that and then the next, and

so on.

It's been years since I fired up Visio, and I vaguely recall that it had

some of the things I'm looking for, but that choice is already a commitment

to Windows, which is precisely the sort of thing I want to avoid.

I have a genuine reason for needing this. I think that I have stumbled upon

a new idea for a UI and I need to be able to sketch it out in a RAP (rapid

app prototyping) tool, somewhat more advanced than my current pen+paper

device. It is not important that the tool deliver forms, etc.; it will be

quite enough if it lets me sketch said forms and their progressions,

without commitment to any language or platform. Those decisions can come

much later in the game.

Any suggestions for such a tool?

TIA,

Arthur