[dba-Tech] At last! A smart calendar reference

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:27:21 CDT 2012

I recently signed up for a video conference and when I was finished
registering, I saw something I've been waiting for, seemingly forever. Like
many other web event registrations, this one offered to enter it into my
email. But unlike every other one I've filled in, this one gave me options!
Somebody finally realized that there's more than Outlook on the planet.
Google was there as one of the options. I clicked it, then checked my gmail
calendar, and there it was -- complete with a little description reminding
me of the speaker's name and what software I had to have installed to view
and hear the conference.

It's been a long time coming. I wish other sites would get the message.

Arthur