[dba-Tech] Seagare Momentus XT SSHD

Tydda Jon - Slough jon.tydda at lonza.com
Thu Oct 25 09:44:49 CDT 2012

I don't have any experience of Hybrid drives, but we have around 250 Lenovo laptops here, all with SSDs. We've had to replace around 30 of them under warranty. I don't know if we had a bad batch, but it's getting to be a bit of a high number, especially given that we've had 5 motherboard replacements too, and these laptops are all under 6 months old.

Our desktops aren't faring much better either - Lenovo actually told us that we had a bad batch of motherboards, and we've replaced nearly 200 on the 600 desktops we bought... lots of fun!

Jon