[dba-Tech] Network questions

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Sep 4 14:02:12 CDT 2012

Hi Jim,

I should have told you how things are currently set up.  Sorry.

So, we have the POE modem with two routers - Business and Family.

Brad's computer is wirelessly networked to the Business router.
The printer is cable networked to the Business router.
Brad's computer sees the printer as a network printer.

Family computer 1 is wirelessly networked to the Family router.
Family computer 2 is wirelessly networked to the Family router.
Family computers 1 and 2 have shared document folders that are mapped as
drive Z: to the other computer.  So, one child could place a file in the
shared documents on Family computer 1 and a second child could access
that file by going to drive Z on Family computer 2 - and vice versa.

Small and simple.

What I thought might work is to move the printer into the Family
network, then give Brad access from his computer to both the Business
and Family networks.  Would that work?

Best,

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields at torchlake.com