[dba-Tech] Network questions

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 4 17:55:59 CDT 2012

The only ways I know how to do this is via three options.

One, if your Router is smart enough, it can host and advertise its printer
via IP address and as the networks are physically connected the printer can
be reach via its unique IP address and subdomain.

Two, and most common, somewhere a server based computer has to be present.
By using its share controls and user privileges.

Three, has a stand alone old box used for the sole purpose of providing
access to all the networks for printer use... a print server. Generally this
box can be some Linux distro.