[dba-Tech] The fate of IE

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 5 18:47:28 CDT 2012

If the consumer would quit complaining about the cost of a week or two of
work required to make IE function then no one else would have any complaint.

Example: three lines of code, counting the opening and closing tags to
insert any streaming video or audio clip, on a web page. On many versions of
IE, inserting an unstable flash object, and all the code associated, is the
only alternate solution... (Silverlight is only possible if you are hosting
on a MS server with that capability) or a Google plug-in and the solution is
only truly reliable outside the cell phone and tablet market.