[dba-Tech] Backup Solution for Windows

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Sep 7 17:22:32 CDT 2012

Pure market hype  which a  few companies out there are starting to use.

There is no such thing as a "personal cloud storage device".

It's either stored on a single pwesonal device or stored  "in the cloud".

With the usual caveats about Wikipedia, this sums it up:

Cloud storage is:[2]

    made up of many distributed resources, but still acts as one
    highly fault tolerant through redundancy and distribution of data
    highly durable through the creation of versioned copies
    typically eventually consistent with regard to data replicas

What Pogoplug and similar offerings from Iomega and Toshiba, to name two that I am aware
of,  do is  able you to stream data from the storage device over the internet.

--
Stuart