[dba-Tech] Three Doors Problem

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Sep 10 21:45:16 CDT 2012

It's commonly known as the "Monty Hall" problem, after the compere of the TV show Let's
Make A Deal.

It first appeared in American Statistician in the '70s.

I've discussed it at length on other forums.  It's amazing the number of very good
programmers who just can't  follow the logic and won't accept the correct answer :-)

(BTW, the correct answer is - always switch - it gives you a 67% chance of picking the right
door)

--
Stuart