[dba-Tech] Free Cloud based MySQL

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Thu Sep 27 11:13:12 CDT 2012

Sweet! Thanks for the posting.

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Stuart McLachlan
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:12 PM
To: Discussion of Hardware and Software issues; access Developers discussion
and problem solving
Subject: [dba-Tech] Free Cloud based MySQL

<quote>A ridiculously simple, seriously powerful CLOUD DATABASE
Xeround is an elastic, always-on database-as-a-service for your MySQL
applications</quote>
.
http://xeround.com

You can get a free account with up to 10MB of storage.

I just signed up for their free account, created a simple table in MySQL
with their
phpMyAdmin interface,  created a MySQL ODBC connection in an Access
application and
added/editted and deleted a few records.   It worked fine.

This may be of interest to JC for his prisoner release back-end instead of
messing around
with Hamachi and an Access BE.   I'm not sure if he is on the Tech list, so
I've sent this to the
Access list as well  :)

--
Stuart