[dba-Tech] Disappearing shortcuts

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Sep 30 22:30:21 CDT 2012

Dear List:

I keep each of my clients' work in a separate folder.  On my main box and on
a backup box.  So I fond it convenient to keep shortcuts on my desktop to
the active clients on my backup box.  When I finished working on their db I
just drag and drop onto their shortcut.

However, when I reboot, the shortcuts disappear.  Very annoying.

When I try to access the backup box after rebooting the main box, I have to
enter user name and password.  Could that be why they're disappearing?

Any fix for this?

MTIA

Rocky