[dba-Tech] Rumors: Will the [Start] button be brought back in MS Windows 8.1? "_

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Apr 29 08:41:08 CDT 2013

 HI Hans --

I know you and your customers  don't need MS Windows at all so every news about MS Windows may sound hilarious there? :)
BTW, that subject news could be a humor kind of  news posting as they start with a sentence " Our long, national nightmare is over..." :)
If seriously some folks here and there argued that absence of the [Start] menu would be one of the main reasons for them to not upgrade to Win8 so if Win8.1 will bring the [Start] button back that folks will have one reason less to avoid upgrading to Win8 (well, they will find others no doubt - and I'm not advocating for Win8 upgrading here.)
I'd note I have used Win8 for almost half an year now (mainly in desktop mode) and I haven't found any need in [Start] button.
Moreover I have just tried to setup Pokki

http://www.pokki.com

and I suppose I will remove it right now.

Sounds hilarious? Let it be...

Thank you.

-- Shamil