[dba-Tech] A smart TV set with WiFi, DLNA as well as with full Internet browser support and ability to view text, PDF from DLNA(?) server...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Apr 29 09:38:43 CDT 2013

 Hi All --

I'm not sure is such a subject Smart TV set exist or not?
Do you know about any?

Basically I'd like to have a TV Set (running some embedded Linux or Win7/8):

- with built-in or "dongle-driven" WiFi connection;
- stream video, audio, view pics from a LAN DLNA server connected via WiFi (like that  http://mywindows8.org/connect-samsung-dlna-enabled-smart-tv/  )
- with a full internet browser to browse at any available LAN locations as well as at Internet sites via WiFi connection;
- with ability to view text and PDF files - if that would be available only via browser - that would be OK.

I'm no looking for a monoblock PC or a TV set connected to a PC via HDMI but a TV set with features as I have tried to outline above.

Could you please advise any?

Thank you.

--
Салахетдинов Шамиль