[dba-Tech] W7 in 2GB RAM

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Aug 3 11:18:25 CDT 2013

Hi Jim

No, the limitation is the "mobile" graphics hardware, not the 2 GB. No driver was available for Win7, but I found a driver for Vista and the CL 95951 chip. With this, I could modify the inf file to contain:

"ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600" = ati2mtag_RV380, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_3150&SUBSYS_3082103C

which made it believe that it was compatible with the hardware.

/gustav

>>> accessd at shaw.ca 03-08-13 17:39 >>>
Hi Gustav and Rocky:

Are you saying the VLC and media player will not play on a computer with only 2GB of RAM that has Windows7?

(You might be correct but I have never experienced a Windows computer that will not run media player or any computer that will not run VLC.)

Here is a link to an application, that comes from Microsoft originally I believe, that is designed to update ATI drivers: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php and the ATI Mobility Radeon X600 card is in the driver list. I ran across this site a few years ago but it took a while to re-find it. This should help.