[dba-Tech] Way OT but I love you people so I'm posing the question.

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 05:40:46 CST 2013

Wow! Who knew that this thread would draw such attention.

Shamil. having hired you some years ago, I would love to come visit you in
St. Petersburg.
Rocky, it's because of the movie *Buena Vista Social Club* that I want to
go there. The scene in the ballet school made me weep.
Tina, I majored in Philosophy and thus Greece has a special place in my
heart. One of my favouritie books of all time is I.F. Stone's *The Trial of
Socrates. *Not that anyone cares, but my other fave books are *Ways of
Seeing*, by John Berger, *Gravity's Rainbow* by Tom Pynchon, *Tinker Tailor
Soldier Spy* by John Le Carre, and *The Language Instinct* by Stephen
Pinker. There are doubtless some others but that will do for now.

Back to the original subject. What a wonderful diversity you all have
offered. It's a big world and one has only so much time and money left.
It's a difficult choice. We might only get one more. Thanks, all, for your
inspirations. I'm hoping that I have two choices left, and they would be
Havana and London.

Arthur

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca> wrote:

> As Dorothy said, "There's no place like hone."
>
> Jim

Arthur