[dba-Tech] Way OT but I love you people so I'm posing thequestion.

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 09:15:30 CST 2013

Lembit,

I'm not sure what ZA means. Zambia? Besides that, you surely hit the nail
on the head. Of all places in the world I would love to visit, Antarctica
tops the list. However, I have heard that it is frightfully expensive to go
there, so that may have to wait for my next contract.

All of this thread has proved most illuminating. At last count, I have
visited 31 countries, and if memory serves, I have about 160 members of the
UN to go. So I'm going to make myself a deal, here and now. On every future
contract that I obtain, I shall visit a nation that I have not yet set foot
on.

For some odd reason, I think that I want to visit St. Petersburg next,
after Cuba. Perhaps it's because I consider Shamil a friend and colleague,
and have even hired him to do some specialized work that I could not do
myself. But first I have to go to Cuba. My romance with Cuba goes back
decades. It's time that I go there. First I have to complete the work on
this contract, then collect the loot, and then I'm off to Havana for two
weeks. No silly tourist places like Varadero for me. I want Havana. I
already mentioned Buena Vista Social Club. That's a big part of the
attraction. So also is a now-Canadian musician named Alex Cuba, who now
lives somewhere in British Columbia, and whose music is wonderful and not
even remotely like the traditional music from the Buena Vista Social Club.

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Lembit Soobik <
lembit.soobik at weihenstephan.org> wrote:

> You are sure welcome. Just let me know in time so that I will be at home
> and not somewhere in ZA or Antarctica or ...
> Lembit
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Kathryn Bassett
> Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:13 PM
>
> To: 'Discussion of Hardware and Software issues'
> Subject: Re: [dba-Tech] Way OT but I love you people so I'm posing
> thequestion.
>

> Neither of those appeals to me. I would choose the Hesse area of Germany to
> visit areas where my ancestors came from. I'd include a side trip to see
> Lembit.
>
> --
> Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
> "Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"