[dba-Tech] Not receiving email with attachments

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 06:54:34 CST 2013

Hi Tina,

I would guess that the senders do use Outlook, since most folks do. As for
myself, I have it installed but seldom use it. Anyway, I solved the problem
by creating a new account at Outlook.com and having the clients re-send the
mail there, where it arrived without issues. So from now on, I'll just have
people use that account for mail with attachments.

On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM, Tina Norris Fields <
tinanfields at torchlake.com> wrote:

> Are your colleagues using Outlook?  I learned that it does not play nicely
> with other email clients. Some time ago (about 5 years), I found a utility
> that parsed an Outlook eml attachment and actually captured the attached
> document for me.  You may need something like that?  If you use Outlook to
> receive those particular messages, you may find the attachments to be in
> good order.
> Best,
> TNF
>
> Tina Norris Fields
> tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com
> 231-322-2787
>

> On 12/13/2013 2:36 PM, Arthur Fuller wrote:
>
>> Several colleagues lately have sent me email with attachments, and I'm not
>> receiving the mail. They think that nothing went wrong, and I get no
>> message regarding failure or anything. It's just as if nothing happened.
>> I'm using gmail. I've checked the spam folder and nothing relevant there.
>> This is exasperating because some of it is work-related.
>>
>> Anyone got an idea why this might occur? It seems to affect only messages
>> with attachments.
>>
>> Maybe I should just open another account somewhere else. (Hmm... I think I
>> did that, over at Outlook.com, but now I can't recall the name I used.
>> Maybe I'll try creating another one there.

Arthur