[dba-Tech] Online compilers

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Mon Feb 4 17:29:31 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

Thank you for the link.
I was a kind of kidding but who knows how it all evolve.
I have been programming in C/C++ in the past but I like more C# nowadays.

As for "code that embraces the change" from the article you refer - it's relatively easy to play with that concepts it mentions and I used to play with them in the past ( http://smsconsulting.spb.ru/shamil_s/patterns/calc/index.htm ) in relatively small sample projects but we all know when real life business application projects and customers start to press you you often have to "forget the academics" and to "start producing the raw dirty code" to just pay the bills. As I have written here (in dba-Tech) already I suppose that "the art of balancing on the edge of a technical debt" is one of the main arts/skills of a modern advanced (application) software developer. Of course modern developers should be aware of all the "academics" but more than being aware of academics they should have the real life experience to apply "academic constructions" only when that constructions are really needed to lower technical debt.

-- Shamil