[dba-Tech] “Depend on me, and I’ll set you free!”

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Feb 5 14:07:53 CST 2013

"sex in a canoe"?  Immediately, I was thinking of some smart-aleck
response, when I remembered this story:

My dad, who will be 92 in April, has always enjoyed the outdoors and
especially the water.  He used to do quite a bit of skin-diving and
snorkeling - and canoeing.  Our region is called the Elk River Chain of
Lakes - a chain of fourteen lakes and rivers, whose headwaters rise up
in one of the glacial drumlins of the northwestern quadrant of
Michigan's lower peninsula, and that winds its way seventy-five miles
down to the east arm of Grand Traverse Bay on Lake Michigan.  At
fourteen, my dad made the trek up and down that chain with his dad, in a
canoe, camping along the way.  At the end of their adventure - which I
think was a couple weeks long - my dad came triumphantly into the family
home, proclaiming this wonderful trip, loudly celebrating his first time
through the Chain of Lakes in a canoe.  His mother, a magnificent woman
of many capabilities, quietly said to him that it was not his first trip
down that chain.  It seems that he was conceived during his parents'
honeymoon canoe trip up and down the Chain of Lakes.  He may have gone
up the chain with his father, but by the time his parents came down the
chain, he was with his mother. Maybe there's more to sex in a canoe than
we originally thought!

Thanks, Stuart, for a delightful moment of recollection.

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields at torchlake.com
231-322-2787