[dba-Tech] The Windows Surface Pro

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Feb 7 14:13:04 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

Thank you for the link. Now that's a good news :)

I have just run here  SunSpider and Kraken tests on ASUS N76Vz (similar to http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z9EB0O). Here are my results:

SunSpider 0.9.1 (smaller is better)
=========================
Chrome 24 - 265
IE 10 - 165
IE 10 "beats" Chrome in all tests: 3d, access, bitops, controflow, crypto, date, math, regexp, string.
kraken-1.1 (smaller is better)
Chrome 24  - 3386
IE 10           - 7432
Chrome 24 "beats" IE 10 in ai, audio, imaging tests.
json and stanford tests have nearly the same results for Chrome 24 and IE 10.
AFAIS 'ai', 'audio' and 'imaging' groups of Kraken tests are more about general type of (data) processing than the tasks usually done in "everyday" JavaScript. Therefore I'm assuming that Chrome 24 and IE 10 are now performing equally the same for usual web tasks. Please correct me if you'll find my assumption is not quite right.

Thank you.

-- Shamil