[dba-Tech] Relational v NoSQL

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Feb 9 10:52:36 CST 2013

Very interesting article. Thanks, Stuart.
The writer highlights a behavior that I observe to occur in many
settings - a division of opinion in which each side makes an absolute
and general statement that is true but incomplete, followed by a total
unwillingness to discover common ground.  This behavior clearly is not
designed for reaching consensus of any kind, but rather to promote
rivalry and contention.  Too bad, from my perspective, because there is
so much to be gained by finding understanding and learning what the
"other guy" has to teach.  I learn so much more from those who see
things differently from me than I do from those who agree with me.  That
opposing perspective can be very useful.
Thanks again, Stuart, for posting that link.

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields at torchlake.com
231-322-2787