[dba-Tech] Server security software

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 10 11:46:58 CST 2013

Hi John:

I think Vipre will catch "most" of those baddys, I use it all the time on
servers but those users need their training (this is in lue of taking one of
their worse offenders from the staff and providing a ritual execution at the
back of the business...last victim we had to do was the office
manager...grizzly affair).

OTOH, SBS should be outlawed but in the short term it will provide you with
a lot of work until the owner decides you are incompetent or gives up and
personalizes your own coffee cup. Its "always-updating" functionality can be
a nightmare and if you are also installing a database watch out...especially
if you decide to take advantage of the MS SQL Server; throw Exchange in the
mix and you will suffer. (Ask Steve Erbach's wife what she thinks of the
product.)

Good luck John.