[dba-Tech] The Windows Surface Pro

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 10 12:36:29 CST 2013

Hi Shamil:

I have nothing against IE, personally.

OTOH, technically, the last few versions of IE (7 to 9) have been disasters
and I am sure you, who would have had to build websites with these products
will agree.

IE10, seems head and shoulders above it predecessors. It appears that
Microsoft is finally, trying to follow the industry standards but
unfortunately, the court of public opinion is still out on IE and it will be
years before IE is viewed as serious contender...A browser from which code
can be written once and run everywhere...without major issues.

As for the suggested browser performance; that has not been my or my
client's assessment but I take page performance as a whole (with a
collection of graphics, program and font libraries, multiple CSS directories
and server calls) and have not run separate tests. (I currently only use
Chrome tools for testing which suggests a prejudice and of course only runs
on/in Chrome.)

But I will do, an impartial test, as soon as possible, maybe later this week
when a quiet evening arises and will post the results.

Jim

PS Do you have a copy of MS IE 100 that I could share?