[dba-Tech] IIS is hardly sinking into oblivion but...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 12 16:00:11 CST 2013

Hi All:

IIS is steady lossing ground (and Appache too) and to a new comer INGNX.

http://mrpogson.com/2012/11/01/nginx-overtakes-iis-on-netcrafts-active-sites
-list/

Hardy a big concern seeing the big three Appache, IIS and now INGINX have
basically carved up the market for their own.

An aside: With that thought in mind, has anyone installed an IIS server on
Linux?

I have heard it can be done but have not seen any details on how this can be
accomplished. My IIS web hosting server has to go in for a major refit and
will probaly not be back up and running until early March...I am fighting
with an absolute development deadline but there is one very dated website
that is still ASP with a MS SQL server BE.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Any exporters, translators or
converters...something fast, simple and temporary.

MTIA