[dba-Tech] "Intelligent" candles

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Feb 12 16:05:51 CST 2013

Usually, the wax doesn't actually change colour.   There are  coloured LED lights and battery
in the base of the candle with a light or IR sensitive switch, sometimes with an optical fibre
running down the  wick to the switch.    The glow from the slowly cycling LEDs is diffused
throught the wax making it appear to change colour.

--
Stuart