[dba-Tech] Supercharge your excel spreadsheet

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 13 13:21:25 CST 2013

Hi All:

We all know that Excel is the most common database in the world. It is
because it is so simple to use anyone can and almost anyone can visualize
how to manipulate the data. I even built a spreadsheet to do my income taxes
so you can see how simple it really is to design in.

Well, a company has taken this spreadsheet one step further and added Python
into the mix. This gives the spreadsheet the capability to pull data from
anywhere and build functions far more complex than what rudimentary VB
script can do.

For a single home user this program is free and the rates are reasonable for
small to large enterprises. They are even working on a Linux offering that
will work in Libra-calc and will work on the Microsoft Office Linux offering
that is scheduled to debut, in 2014.

https://www.datanitro.com/