[dba-Tech] FYI: Microsoft's 128GB Surface Pro Sells Out At MS Online Store Just Hours After Launch

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Feb 13 14:16:18 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

<<<
Mixing, matching and mashups is the new tech future.

Agreed.

But one cannot be a good, even satisfactory, "jack of many (software development/tech.) trades".
The tech. future IMO are standards, industrialization and specialization.
Industrialization doesn't mean (here) that there will be no place for "one jack"/SMB software development/tech. companies - industrialization means that custom software development to be competitive will have to be driven by well educated in computer science and application development (process) engineers and managers, engineers and managers who will be taught to use "the right tool for the right job" and when for a certain project/task they will find they aren't skilled enough to apply the most suitable tool(s) they will effectively delegate that project/job to a third-party and acquire/integrate the results of their work via standard/custom (web) APIs.

-- Shamil

Вторник, 12 февраля 2013, 11:38 -08:00 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>I would be far from anti-Microsoft especially as I have made a very good living from the OS. I must admit I would definitely like to change the direction in so many ways...ways that would open up more opportunities than less but my name is not Steve Ballmer.
>
>I doubt whether any company will gain control of ninety-five percent of the market, ever again but that is hardly a bad situation for techs...it is just that we have to be a jack of more trades now.
>
>Mixing, matching and mashups is the new tech future.
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>