[dba-Tech] SPAM filter for Windows SBS 2011

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 13 15:18:59 CST 2013

Hi Stuart

That depends. Spamfilters like SpamBunker do not fetch the incoming spam, they block it because of malformed communication with the sending engine which nearly always is a bot with no patience. Thus, net traffic is few bytes only per session.
Of course, that doesn't stop spam sent from "monkey"-accounts at, say, Yahoo and AOL. These mails you will have to download and filter by reading the content. A zero issue here, but I know from you that the situation where you operate is quite different.

/gustav

>>> stuart at lexacorp.com.pg 13-02-13 21:46 >>>
Hi Jim,

It's when you install your own mail server that online services which prefilter are important.
They aviod clogging your bandwidth with spam by filtering it before it hits your "last mile"

--
Stuart