[dba-Tech] FYI: Microsoft's 128GB Surface Pro Sells Out At MS Online Store Just Hours After Launch

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Feb 14 00:27:04 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

Thank you - we're getting into agreement on conceptual, 'Zen' points - good news :)

By "the right tool for the right job" I mean making a well balanced choice in a given (development) context. No doubts the same job can be done (right) many ways.
Awareness is a "must have" but not enough - Good Working Experience is what matters most. If a Good Working Experience is lacking for a set of selected "right tools" for the "right job" then the job should be delegated.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Среда, 13 февраля 2013, 13:25 -08:00 от "Jim Lawrence" <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>Hi Shamil:
>
>What you have stated is very true. One tech can not be the best at all
>disciplines.
>
>But I do feel that one tech should have a good understanding of the
>available options and solutions. There is never one solution to a problem
>but many and any number would produce adequate results. That Awareness is
>what is most important.
>
>Like a carpenter, who can builds a house but must be aware of the
>requirements of the plumber, electrician, mason, roofer, etc...
>
>Modern companies when they hire a new tech are not so much concerned with
>what the tech knows but their ability to learn new technologies and apply
>them. Every company knows that within ten years everything that tech
>initially arrived with will be gone or changed to the point of being
>unrecognizable.
>
>And this leads into another good point you brought up; "Standards". This is
>most important or the industry, or just the company that refuses to adapt,
>will be gone, in but a few years.
>
>One comment that I do not fully agree with is the concept that there is,
>"the right tool for the right job". In this industry there are many tools,
>for every job and each can produce, in the right hands, the required
>results.
>
>As I have said before., "I know many more dead-languages than I know live
>ones."...and that list is getting longer every day. So forgive my lack of
>loyalty to any company or product; my only loyalty should be to the client.
>
>Jim
<<< skipped >>>