[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Feb 14 02:18:27 CST 2013

 <<<
As I have expressed previously here, I have my fingers crossed that Microsoft will follow suit.

I'd not mind :) ... but I doubt it will happen (real soon if ever):

- first of all because as we all know "Microsoft is not following standards but they create them" :) and
- because of the fact that IE and its rendering and Javascript interpretation engine(s) should be tightly coupled with Web Browser Automation and so it could be very hard to "cut/refactor that Automation ties" without breaking a lot of custom software using Web Browser Automation features.

-- Shamil