[dba-Tech] Supercharge your excel spreadsheet

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Feb 14 03:09:54 CST 2013

 Hi Jim --

Yes, "mixing, matching and mashups is the new tech future" but I suppose not using the tools as the subject one, which usually quickly become a "straitjacket", but using generally accepted standards and modern powerful development tools: the subject tool could be good for prototyping for experienced Python developers, when prototyping completed then the real effective solution should be developed from scratch one or another way.

If the niche DataNitro tool is aimed at is really promising to make a fortune then they should change the way they communicate MS Excel worksheets (data) with Python financial packages. I can be wrong, but I have read the texts from their web site - they sound unconvincing...

<<<
Do I like that type of coding? No, but there is so
much of it done these days and no one seems
to care as long as it looks good. Few wants to pay for
someone or pay for the time to do it right.

Jim, that's 90-es/beginning of 00-ies "songs".
There exist better ways using modern development technologies and (agile) software development methodologies.
Proven ways. They do work.

<<<
Why can the latest Ubuntu OS
load and run on a CD, about 200K in size and an OS like Window8 takes 10GB

MS Windows (8) is a well known "bloat-ware". But it definitely has a lot more features than Ubuntu has. You probably mean a very limited version of Ubuntu with 200KB in size - I have a Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VM installed here on expandable virtual harddrive (VHD) - the VHD size is currently 6,111,100,928 bytes. (I have had Mono developer tools and Google Chrome installed additionally - it may happen they resulted in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VHD bloating.)

-- Shamil