[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 14 16:18:37 CST 2013

Hi Shamil:

Sorry for the confusion.

Are you sure this is right?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752041(v=vs.85).aspx

Running a web browser object from the desktop? It is just a one-off
application. IMHO, that is not where the market is heading and the number of
supporting clients will only continue to diminish. I think it is not a good
long-term business strategy.

Many years ago built and ran a browser, in a Visual Basic application for a
government client. Adding new features has obviously improved.

My clients are asking to be able to update their websites in real-time and
be able to access their inventory and invoicing from anywhere. And they like
the idea of not having to update their hardware or having to install
specialty software to get all these bells and whistles.

In the short run it sounds like a good idea but my big clients are(were) too
security conscience and my small ones are too cheap to go that route. ;-)