[dba-Tech] FYI: Moving to "nirvana": if Microsoft were to shift to WebKit, you can thank Opera.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Feb 19 03:35:34 CST 2013

 Hi Hans --

Thank you for your reply.

I suppose this thread brought me and I hope you and others some useful information, I can provide my arguments on your notes quoted here but as you've just remarked, we're going cycles, and I suppose seems to hardly hear each other sometimes, so to not get this thread into "trolling mode" I'd propose to "stop cycling" now.

Just a note on C# and Java being the only general purpose languages :) - No, I do not think so. They are not. And Python is a very broadly used general purpose language of course.

As for the difference of implementations on lamda-expressions and LINQ in C# and Python - I meant C# has *currently* more powerful implementation - here is a "proof-link":

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3925093/pythons-list-comprehension-vs-net-linq

Yes, as far as I see C# has got lamdas after Python -  http://sayspy.blogspot.ru/2006/02/why-python-doesnt-need-something-like.html  .

"net positive vs. net negative for IE" + Web Browser Automation/API (e.g. for developing hybrid apps) + Trident engine 'to be or not to be': that seems to be the points we can hardly agree so as I have noted above we should better stop this thread.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

<<< skipped >>>