[dba-Tech] Comments on the new Ubuntu phone

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 20 07:26:56 CST 2013

Considering that the Ubuntu phone has not even released a product to market
and their percentages are almost the same as the Windows phone. That is not
a poke at Windows rather a market surge looking for something new and fresh.

So the expectation is incredible great. Whether they will be able to live up
to their potential fans expectations is of course untried but as the writer
of attached article states, "Everyone is looking for something new and
fresh."

The writer is an Apple person but he goes on to say...

"...Two mobile operating systems rule the market as of now and as simple
market knowledge can tell you, competition spurs innovation. Android is
pushing some limits, but in doing so cause an extreme amount of
fragmentation and left vulnerabilities in the form of the lacking Google
Play Store and other areas. Apple on the opposite end is becoming nothing
less than stagnant with iOS. Incremental upgrades are nice, but when a
company who previously pushed the boundaries in every regard for the past
decade goes through five iterations of their mobile operating systems
without any huge changes, the consumers - or at least pro-sumers - will
become bored with it, as we're always looking for the latest and greatest.
We're looking at The Jetsons up in the sky while we feel iOS is still using
its feet for brakes; Fred Flintstone-ing it.

With both Android and Apple showing their pitfalls more now than ever,
Ubuntu stumbled upon the opportunity to rise up out of nowhere and disrupt
the market... "

http://theindustry.cc/2013/02/18/ubuntu-for-phones-analysis-for-potential-an
d-visual-breakdown/