[dba-Tech] Repairing the Surface Pro

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Sun Feb 24 02:45:37 CST 2013

By serviceable, are you referring to a hypothetical situation or reality?

How much ability do you have to fix something on your Samsung, should it break? Would you know the first thing on how to fix it or have the necessary tools and ability to replace it? Is it trivial? I strongly doubt it. The most you can possibly do is replace the battery or your SIM card. Well, that's pretty much been the extent of what you can do on cell phones since as far as I'm aware.

Then there is the ability to upgrade. Obviously, it is not possible for any of us to upgrade ram or CPU etc on our phones.

Cell phones just aren't serviceable. Never have been. You are better off just buying a new one. It will probably work out cheaper than any effort you might put in hypothetically.

Or you can buy your phone off a company, which has a great, no-questions-asked policy on product returns that can be taken care of within an hour or 2.

- Hans