[dba-Tech] Apps for Linux? (was: Linux vs Windows)

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Thu Jan 10 11:56:01 CST 2013

> Is there the equivalent of a VB.net/C#/SQL Server app?

There are far too many. Here is just a small subset: Real Basic, Python, Qt, Mono C#, Java, Scala, Groovy, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle DB, Hbase. The list goes on...

> How about an Access app?

Weren't we talking about modern operating systems? :)

I jest, but there is Kexi and Open Office and you can also just run MS Access under the Windows emulator WINE (works perfectly fine and fast).

> What other business apps are available?

Can't answer this, as my field of expertise is in web app development, so I wouldn't know.

- Hans