[dba-Tech] FYI: "Microsoft may still win the tablet war" and other mobile market news directly related to MS technologies...

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Fri Jan 11 11:51:19 CST 2013

I haven't tried it on a phone yet but have on other touch screen devices. It's OK but the mail app is horrendously poor. Huge oversight considering almost everyone uses their devices for browsing, social networking and email.

Windows 8 on a non-touch screen is not so good. Why didn't they leave the start menu option available? Shortsighted; another forced contrivance from people who apparently have no idea how much the general public resents change for no purpose. Good for me because I'm selling a lot of new Windows  7 PCs to businesses which don't want to be stuck with Windows 8 in the near future.

I'm in the process of working out modifying everything in the desktop UI to make it more like Windows 7. Scripting it all and then installing said script for clients. Any help would be appreciated :-)
John B