[dba-Tech] FYI: "Microsoft may still win the tablet war" and other mobile market news directly related to MS technologies...

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri Jan 11 13:16:49 CST 2013

Hi Shamil,

> Python is on my "long waiting list" - do you use Python in your everyday web development there?

Not currently, but I did use Python and Django for a bit recently. I quite liked it and the syntactic sugar as great, but you just have to be aware of these things or else it just looks like magic at first.

I highly recommend you move Python up your waiting list, because it will benefit you in many ways, not the least that Python is cross platform.

> I must note my intention in posting the subject news wasn't to post "bullet-/punch-holes- proof" Microsoft and Nokia's-MS-tied technologies' information - you can find that the last news is on probable Nokia's adaptation of Android.

Fair enough. I thought you were posting a 'current state of Windows 8 / Phone 8' (of which I'm sceptical, as you can tell).

>  the move to Android (using MonoDroid) and iPhone (MonoTouch) promise to be natural as I have read from  some of the tech. books. Of course it would be better to use native Android and iPhone dev. tools but that would be the next step.

So, Apple is now allowing applications built in MonoTouch? Interesting. Didn't realise this was happening.

- Hans